Downtown Cleveland Alliance brings you the latest news and information on business development in Downtown Cleveland each month
• Horseshoe Casino Cleveland has welcomed over 1 million visitors.
• Cuyahoga County recently announced plans to move its headquarters to a new Downtown Cleveland location and sell 13 buildings, most of them in or near Downtown.
• The Convention Center will open 2 months early and the Medical Mart is 40% leased, with over 20 contracts now signed.
• A recent study of the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon estimated that the economic impact to the local economy to be $18.25 million, a 170% increase since the last study was conducted in 2004. A record 20,000 runners participated this year!
• Downtown Cleveland will be welcoming a new Cajun restaurant called J. Gumbo’s, set to open this fall on Euclid Avenue.
• Positively Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced the Cleveland Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon, to take place in 2013.
• Renaissance Cleveland Hotel recently made upgrades to its nearly 500 guest rooms and suites.
• Downtown Cleveland’s Colossal Cupcakes recently was ranked #1 by Crain’s Business Magazine in a recent taste test!