The boys of summer return to Downtown Cleveland April 1st to take on their Central Division foes, the Chicago White Sox. In accordance with this time-honored tradition, Downtown Cleveland bars and restaurants will be treating the winter blues along with various strains of baseball fever all day and into the night on Friday, April 1st.
Whether you are heading Downtown with tickets to the 18th consecutive opening day sellout at Progressive Field or just coming to the city core to be part of the action, Downtown bars and restaurants will be dusting off their patios, opening early and running baseball-themed food and drink specials.
Check out the scene Downtown on opening day:
House of Blues – East 4th Street
- Open at 11:30 a.m. with Budweiser/Bud Light specials
- $10 Homemade brat and sauerkraut served with waffle fries and cheese dipping sauce
- 1, 2, 3 Happy Hour from 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
- $1 domestic drafts & bottles
- $2 import drafts & bottles
- $3 house wine & house cocktails
John Q’s Steakhouse – Public Square
- Happy Hour extended. Specials from noon-9 p.m.
La Strada – East 4th Street
- Patio open with $3 domestic bottled beer
- Ready to go sandwiches for $8
- sausage sandwich
- eggplant sandwich
- lamb kafta on pita
Pickwick & Frolic – East 4th Street
- Doors open at 9:00 a.m.
- Live broadcast with WKNR personalities including: Tony Rizzo, Michael Reghi, Kenny Roda, Greg Brinda and Munch
- $1 Miller Lite drafts
- $13 Game Day Brunch, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Saigon – East 4th Street
- $2 Budweiser/ Bud Light bottles
Wonder Bar – East 4th Street
- Open 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Special lunch sandwich menu; resuming regular menu after the game
- $3 red and blue Jello Shots
- $4 16oz Coors Light and Miller Lite bottles
- $6 Tribe Teas
- Free live music: Dive Band, 9-11 p.m. and DJ Blackbird 11 p.m.- close
Wyndam-Cleveland – Playhouse Square
- Bar open at 1:00 p.m.
- $2 Miller Lite bottles all day
- ½ price appetizers and bar beverages from 4:30-7:00 p.m.
- Free Indians giveaways
As always, the Downtown Cleveland Alliance Ambassadors, clad in their easy-to-spot yellow shirts, will be out in full force helping fans experience a safe and enjoyable opening day. Need an escort to your vehicle? Call 216.621.6000 and a DCA Ambassador will meet you and accompany you to your vehicle.